I am a follower of Christ and have tried to express this following in my 41 years of marriage to Sue. We have four children (one deceased) and 5 grandchildren. For over 30 years I served as a pastor of three different churches and retired from that vocation 10 years ago. For the past 30 years I’ve been meeting monthly with a spiritual director and for the past 15 years, I’ve understood my primary call from God as that of being a spiritual director. My interest in spiritual formation has stayed with me for all of my adult life. This interest has resulted in recent years in my facilitating contemplative retreats. My most recent exploration in the area of spiritual formation has been a four-year walk , mostly backpacking alone, across Michigan’s Upper Peninsula on the North Country Trail. I’m a graduate of the University of Chicago, North Park Theological Seminary, and North Park’s C. John Weborg Center for Spiritual Direction.
Journaling With Stories of Jesus
Join spiritual director, retired pastor, and years-long journaler, Terry Cathcart, for this 5-week Journaling Group on Wednesday evenings. Terry brings his love of journaling and leading retreats into this wonderful journaling group. Terry looks at 5 formational stories in Jesus’ life and invites participants into the questions and struggles within them.
Wednesday Evenings 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Central Time
Beginning October 7, 2020
- Session I. Jesus at 12 (Praying with Luke 2: 41-52)
- Session II. Jesus and the Syrophoenician Woman (Praying with Mark 7: 24-30)
- Session III. Jesus and His Troubled Heart (Praying with John 12: 23-33)
- Session IV. Jesus Overwhelmed With Sorrow to the Point of Death ( Praying With Mark 14: 32-42)
- Session V. The Last Words of Jesus From the Cross (Praying With Mark 9: 34 and Luke 23: 46)
Cost: Pay what you can.